Sunday, December 1, 2013

Airplane II: The Sequel [Blu-ray]


Funnier Through the Years
I must say that I did not like AIRPLANE II: THE SEQUEL the first time I saw it in the theater. It grew on me through the years. Peter Graves and Lloyd Bridges are amazing in it. It started out at a snail’s pace and seemed equally strained for laughter. However, there was a smattering of truly insightful comic genius throughout that made it mildly enjoyable, like seeing William Shatner show up. Then I watched it on video with a group of people once again. For some unknown reason I found myself laughing uncontrollably. As I watched the film again I then began to notice how much it followed the spy genre in parody. Once I began to realize what the filmmakers were doing it all started to take shape a made good comic sense. Not only did it follow the same inspirational format of the original AIRPLANE but it took the same approach with its audience: if this joke doesn’t work for you we have plenty more lined up one after another and eventually you are going to start laughing...


Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment