Friday, October 18, 2013

Breaking Bad: The Complete First Season [Blu-ray]


On Demand Versions Not Same As DVD, is Censored
The DVD version of Breaking Bad is uncensored. Amazon VOD is not. There is no additional content but certain words are not blanked out and certain screens are not blurred. I don't want to give examples since that would create spoilers, but you'll see the differences in the pilot episode at a minimum.
Spectacular
I think many, when looking at the main star of this show (Bryan Cranston) will have only really been familiar with him from Malcolm In The Middle. He played Hal, a simple Dad with simple values and an unbeatable love for his family. Who would have thought that he can take a character with the same basic love of his family and create something incredibly unique from that. In Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston plays Chemistry professor Walter White who's married with a handicap son who suffers from Cerebral Palsy and a child on the way.
One day Walter is hit with the ultimate bombshell as he finds he has inoperable lung cancer and has little time left to live. Walter realises that he can't assure his families financial security for the little time he has left being a teacher. He hears about a raid on a crystal meth lab that seizes millions of dollars worth of drugs which he decides that he must be a part of that. He knows how to make the best crystal meth ever seen, but not how to get it...
Don't want TV-14 Version!
WOW! After watching this on AMC and hearing all sorts of language, I was very surprised to have the F-word bleeped out, especially after the main character just grabbed himself and said shine this! There is also a scene where a women's breasts are pixeled out. I'm 52 and feel cheated, I don't want my TV censored and for that I give it 1 star, I could not truly appreciate the show with parts of the dialogue bleeped out. I seriously doubt that I'll be buying the other seasons via Amazon or if it's all VOD then I'll have to do DVD's or just not bother at all.

Amazon should state somewhere that you are buying a censored version, if they had I would not have bothered.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment