Monday, October 28, 2013

Kick-Ass 2 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)


"Kick Ass 2" Has More Heart And More Action"
Comics Books, Graphic Novels and more are coming to life it seems like once a month these days. In this sequel, "Kick Ass 2" written and directed by Jeff Wadlow (Never Back Down, Cry Wolf) this film picks up were the first film left you with a newly banded `super hero' team of basically regular people fed up with the US Justice system, which is made up of kids and and vigilantes banded together to protect their city.

The super hero `Kick Ass' is back with more motivation than ever to be as good as his best super hero friend (Hit Girl) and is again performed by Aaron-Taylor Johnson (Savage, The Illusionist) who does a great job of showing his angst, ambition and eventual confusion at a major crisis that is forced upon him. His father played by Steven Mackintosh (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Underworld: Evolution) tries to convince him, with a lot of passion and conviction, of doing the right thing but it all eventually leads to one of them making the ultimate...
Kick Ass 2
After hearing all the negative comments about this movie I was hesitant to go to the Theater and watch this film. I enjoyed Kick Ass a lot so I dragged myself to go see Kick Ass 2....And I'm Glad I did! I'm sure everyone has their own reasons for disliking this movie but I thought it was Great. The characters are older and let me just say this..Hit Girl is AWESOME! She's my favorite character and Kick Ass has been working out!! He looks Great, too. I'm not a big Jim Carrey Fan but he did very well in this role. I'm not sure which Kick Ass movie I like better? But, I own the first one and I'm definitely going to own the second one. I can't wait for Kick Ass 3, The Final Installment to see where all this ends? As long as Hit Girl and Kick Ass stay alive it's all good.
Every bit as good as the first
I received an invite to this movie from Universal and rearranged my schedule to make sure I could get to the theater early enough. I arrived with about two hours to wait and there were about 40 people already ahead of me so I knew I was going to get into the movie. Let me just start by saying, it was well worth the wait if you're a fan of the original.

Let me say right now there are spoilers in this review so don't read it if you don't want to know any of this.

Obviously most of you are aware that Chris D'Amico / Red Mist is the Main villain in this film but, he's taken on a new identity known as The Mother F****r and his getup consists of his mom's old bondage outfit. Well his main goal is to make Kick-Ass pay for blowing his dad up. Of course, his mom is holding back his ambitions so, he had to kill her to get her out of the way; once that's done, he begins to form his evil posse known as the Toxic Mega C**ts.

Kick-Ass approaches Hit Girl about...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment