Sunday, October 13, 2013

Jurassic Park (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)


The 3D is great with a couple cautions, TIP:deactivate BD-live to avoid BD advertising spam Aaarrgh
***This review really is for the 3D Blu-ray version. I preordered it and it arrived the day before official release :) ***

My wife and I watched it and the 3D is very well done, they clearly did full 3D mapping with curved shapes for faces and pixel infill behind things when you can now see around them. My wife found it as good as 3D gets. As an engineer with image processing background I noticed a few things like artifacts around fast moving stuff and places where (of course) things would not be in focus that were not originally in the plane of focus. I think if you don't go looking for flaws it will just be a great 3D experience, this isn't a cheap cardboard cutout change to 3D, it's the good kind.

The Bluray took a while to start up and then would repeatedly get stuck showing "downloading new attractions from BD-live"; until I turned off BD-live for the Bluray player. .... Update on BD-Live: It would seem that getting stuck at "downloading" was likely due to...
Jurassic Park Is Ageless...and in 3D It Deserves Six Stars!
I am writing this review after having seen the 3D-IMAX version of this movie yesterday at the theater. I can only hope this is the version being released later this month (April 2013).

All I can say is WOW! I and my family were immensely pleased. This is every bit as amazing as I remembered it, and then some.

The 3D was definitely a benefit here, and it heightened my appreciation of the movie. While of course Spielberg had no inclination that this would eventually go 3D, the movie has several sequences that really seem to have been made specifically for it. As anyone who has seen the movie can guess, there are all sorts of scenes that almost literally jumped out at the audience in the original, and they're even more super-charged here.

While this has to be one of the most-watched movies ever, I'm sure there are many who have never seen it -- in fact, I could tell there were a few in the audience nearby me, as they jumped more than a few times at key...
Probably the best 3D Blu-ray Available. Stunning.
My review pertains to the quality of 3D:

As someone who loves home theater 3D, I have probably every major 3D Blu-ray release, and I'm pretty sure this tops them all.

Literally every scene has been remastered for 3D conversion, and it shows. Its a beautiful, fun, and awesomely entertaining 3D showpiece. Exceeded my expectations in every way.

Also, the "Extras" has an overview of how they spent 9 months transferring the source material to 3D. You really can't go wrong with Jurassic Park 3D.. get it now.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment