Friday, November 15, 2013

Black Butler: Complete Second Season [Blu-ray]


Blu-Ray AND DVD: Just to clarify
My copy of this just arrived today and I can ensure to you that despite the misleading title it is in fact a Blu-Ray and DVD Combo Pack just like it should be. Of course the image and the description should have been enough proof but I'm just saying this to eliminate all doubt. The case is nearly identical in style to the complete season one except in a smaller, more normal case.

It comes with all 12 episodes and the 6 OVAs.
The Butler is Back!
When I learned that there was a second season of Black Butler, I wasn't quite sure what to think. The two people on the cover obviously weren't Ciel and Sebastian, and considering I had read thirteen volumes of manga and never seen anyone like these two, I was pretty confused. But, since people had given it such great reviews, I decided to give it a try, and I was not disappointed.

The story begins with the introduction of one of the two new major characters, Alois Trancy. Like Ciel, he is a noble with a demonic butler, the bespectacled Claude Faustus, serving at his side. By the end of the first episode, his four other servants have been introduced: Hannah Annafellows and the three violet-haired triplets. Ciel and Sebastian make an appearance in Episode 1 as well, although it is very brief. The drama only gets deeper from there, with an immediate rivalry developing between Ciel and Alois, as well as between the two demon butlers.

While the story is very intense...
great sequal
This was a great second season to my favorite anime series. The addition of another demon butler added another area of drama and interesting plot movements to add to the endless humor that black butler is full of.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment