Friday, November 22, 2013

Inuyasha: The Movie the Complete Collection [Blu-ray]


Great movies, horrific Blu-ray transfer.
THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE 4-FILM BLU-RAY COLLECTION. This is the perfect completion to anyone's InuYasha collection. Seven box sets of DVDs, the new, concluding series and now the movies. I thought this was going to be the best part. It was, sort of. The presentation of this product is four films on two Blu-ray discs. Upon watching them, I noticed something peculiar: it looked like I was watching it on my own tube sets from the 1990s, not the 40in LCD in 24P mode. The films are presented in 1080i. That's right, INTERLACED. That went out with NTSC, DVD and VHS. I bought these because I honestly don't know of a single 1080i Blu-ray on the face of the earth. The reason I buy Blu-ray discs is to get the films in a progressive presentation. I don't know what the manufacturers of this disc was thinking, but I say WAIT until they fix this and rerelease it correctly. Four stars for the films, minus one for the sadly cheap interlaced presentation. Very depressing.
An Inuyasha must have
For the Inuyasha fan this is a must have. I own this collection on DVD so when I saw it available on blu-ray I got it right away. Blu-ray version is definitely worth it as the anime seems to come alive that much more. Four movies on two disks.
first time on Blu-ray and the price is right
all 4 Inuyasha movies together for the first time in a 2 disc Blu-ray set. and for the price it's practically a steal!! i don't see a reason why you wouldn't want to own this. sure you have your complainers who have to cry about this not being perfect, or that not being right..."would you like some cheese with that wine?" i'm just glad the films finally got released and together in one set!! that's an epic win in my book ;)

as for the Blu-ray content itself:
the back of the box says it's 1080i, however my player has no problem up-converting it to 1080p and quite frankly i think the picture quality looks absolutely phenomenal!! audio is English 5.1 & 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio (with or without english subtitles) and Japanese 5.1 & 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio (with english subtitles, there's no option to turn them off with this setting). with that being said i think this set is well worth purchasing
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment