Sunday, November 17, 2013

Girls Und Panzer: TV Collection [Blu-ray]


"Panzer Vor!" for "Girls und Panzer!"
I own a few books about WWII tanks and have watched many documentaries on WWII tanks. Needless to say, I really enjoy things about tanks! Especially in video games or TV shows! That being said, I also play an online game that has everything to do with these things called, "World of Tanks," and it is how I first heard about this anime. Some people absolutely hate it, but many more absolutely love it!

I first saw this show being streamed on Crunchyroll (an anime streaming website) and after hearing about it from some fellow online-players, I decided to give it a shot. For the first two episodes, I honestly couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous (but entertaining) the concept of little Japanese high school girls shooting each other in tanks was. However, by the third episode not only was I hooked, but I suddenly was taking the show a lot more seriously! The concept is pretty far-fetched, admittedly, but the show is an absolute blast! And honestly, I don't think I could even...
Amazingly fun show.
I'm not a huge fan of anime, but I found Girls Und Panzer to be both captivating and inspirational. The idea of schoolgirls fighting mock battles in WWII machines seems strange at first but one quickly suspends disbelief. It's obvious the writers and animators had a love for the source material, as the tanks are rendered with astonishing levels of accuracy.
Battle scenes are done well with real suspense and intensity, even though you know there's no real danger. The plot is fairly predictable, as are all "underdog team fights overwhelming odds" stories tend to be, but the writing and voice actresses really sell it.
The characters are fairly realistic, (within anime limits), and I often got the feeling that the actions taken by the girls were what real teen age girls would do, when given iron machines of death to play with. The iconic image of a pink M3 Lee, as well as the colorful STuG, complete with Hashimoto banners, stay with you and is a great metaphor for...
Must Buy !
This show is simple amazing! I can't really say anything bad about this show. It was everything I love about anime in one show. If you love shows that have teams pairing off against each other, and watching how the underdog somehow figures outs a way to over come odds then you will enjoy this. The characters are easy to like, the comedy and action is fantastic, the cuteness is off the charts, and the way they take real life tanks and use it in this fictional setting is superb. On a scale of 1 to 10 it is an easy 10.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment