Saturday, November 23, 2013

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - OVA Collection (Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack) [Blu-ray]


Nice addition to the Brotherhood Bluray Sets
First off, I am a huge fan of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. It is the first anime in about 10 years or so that i've watched more than once. The characters' emotions and developement felt very real to me, and I love the mix of humor and seriousness that makes you both laugh and cry throughout the story. I also happen to love the english voice actors, even though I realize there are huge sub vs dub camps out there. I personally tend to try to watch the English versions if the voice actors do it justice, and I think they largely succeed in this particular anime. But enough about that.

This dvd/bluray combo, especially at the roughly 13 dollars price, was worth it for me. I know some are upset about having to buy both, but i've paid 13 dollars for just a dvd before, so a 2-for-1 deal for what I got was good for me. I primarily buy bluray now but still enjoy having dvd or digital copies for use with my computer player.

I enjoyed all 4 of the OVA's, having never...
Great Purchase
For the inexpensive price, this DVD/Blu-Ray is well worth it. It contain 4 OVA's (all entertaining in their own special way) and 16 funny mini episodes presented in a comic-strip format parodying the series as a whole. This is a standard release, no commentary, only extras are the 16 mini episodes. The ovas all together run about 1 full hour. Buy this if you're a fan its a great deal.
FMA OVAs: A Must for Fans!
I DID NOT BUY THE BOX SET. However, since I saw there was so few reviews, I decided to write one, since I have seen the OVAs that are on the set.

OVA 1: The Blind Alchemist
Ed and Al hear of a blind alchemist named Judau who had supposedly performed successful human transmutation. Is it possible that human transmutation can be used to bring back the dead?

OVA 2: Simple People
A short story about Ed and his many trips to Risembool for arm repairs.

OVA 3: The Chronicle of Teacher
A story about Ed and Al's teacher, Izumi Curtis, and her training near Briggs.

OVA 4: Yet Another Man's Battlefield
A look into back at an 18 year-old Roy Mustang and his time at bootcamp.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Comic Theater. However, I really enjoyed all four of the OVAs. However, they are side stories, and are not essential to understanding the basic plot of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Hope I helped!
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment