Monday, November 18, 2013

Guilty Crown: Complete Series, Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)


Great artwork, sound track, and story... for the first half at least.
I watched this show all the way through and found it quite enjoyable for a number of reasons. 1) the artwork is stellar and not just for the characters but the environments, tech, and the Void abilities. 2) The sound track is awesome, Ryo (SuperCell) had a hand in it so that's a major bonus for me.

What I dislike about this show is the main character, Shu. He's too weak of a character to be playing this main role, in my opinion, but does a good enough job to soldier on and be apart of the 'group' so to speak. He shows some growth as he progresses through into the second half of the series but towards the end he gets a major overhaul in personality and I'm just not sure what to make of it. Also, the latter half of the second part to the series gets a little sloppy with the story and I felt like the ending was lacking.

In the end, would I buy this show despite my list of faults for it? Yeah, I would.
I think people are being a little harsh.
I'm not sure if there is a Manga regarding this show or any other sort of Media, my review for this is based only on the actual Anime, for that is all I have seen.

That being said I find people are being a bit on harsh on the reviews, at least in my opinion. To be honest the plot is doing nothing new. A military organization is trying to wipe out Japan and it's up to the resistance to fight back and keep Japan out of the clutches of this organization. It's not something new but the way the fights, the plot, and the characters are presented seemed fresh and new to me, for the most part I very much found myself enjoying the series.

The stand out here for me was the music and art. If you are a huge fan of soundtracks this is one you may not want to miss. The show does a wonderful job of setting the mood, from sad moments to some of the most epic fights the show can offer. And when it comes to over the top fights this show is not hurting at all, it has enough action...
Good Series.
First of all, I want to say that personally, I really enjoyed this show.

I'm not sure what put people off because they all agree the first part of the show was great but the 2nd was not. I wanted to know what the fuss was about so I watched it and I must say where was the problem?? The 2nd part was more depressing but I stilled enjoyed it. In the end, I just thought people do not like watching depressing things or from what I'm hearing are upset for the mild religious context in the anime?? I really would say if you're going to argue or are easily offended about religious context like every parent does in school, do not watch this anime period.

I digress but moving on.

Personally, I recommend this anime to anyone especially if you enjoyed Code Geass, you will like this anime. Is it better than Code Geass? No. But I liked Guilty Crown in its own way. To add on, The first opening (My Dearest by Supercell) is by far one of my favorite anime openings I...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment